Thursday, February 09, 2006

Warm Your Globe!

I've got a nifty idea for news feature/ fake propaganda campain.


Bush is getting a lot of flack for ignoring global warming:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10913795/

He deserves some help, especially considering how hard it is to be president. (Its hard. Really hard work.)

I want to start a campain to show that Global Warming is actually cool!

* Who likes cold weather anyway?
* The Northwest Passage is opening up, allowing more Free Trade! (Yahoo!) and maybe terrorists to blow up Canada. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060209.wcomment0209/BNStory/National/home
* What types of philosophers have come from cold places:

  • Friedrich Nietzsche. brrrrrr!!!!

  • Some other dudes! Yuck!
And then we could have a Aristotle girls gone wild style beach segament...

We could even make Warm Your Globe! pins or tin foil covered hats.

We could go to malls and sell people on the whole WYG campaign and have them sign a petition. We could then publicize the petition... and then I have a segment imagined where I would get a child to say something horrible like "Global Warming Rocks!" or "George Bush, You Can Warm My Globe!" and then I look into the camera, and start to regret what I'm doing.

Ann Coulter, in addition to being an evil whore, has this notion that I think many middle of the road Americans have, and that's that liberals think they're smarter than everyone. I worry that such pointed satire might polarize American politics even further... than I will be the Nader (read: fucked everything up) of the next election by further dividing our already fragmented ranks. I mean, when I wake up every day and think about how many people look to me for guidance, for clarity, or meaning... its really hard. Its hard to be Jerimiah.

So, I wonder if satire is the best approach any more.

Another idea, along the same lines, would be the "Go Back to Where You Came From!" campaign against homosexuals. You know, why did they come to America in the first place? I think Europe. So, it would be a campain to deport Homosexuals back to Europe. You know, uh, where they came from.

No comments: